Your experiences, opinions and values matter. Share your perspective with the wider Nest community, and help inspire them to participate at the Burn in ways you enjoy.
Have you had a great time doing volunteering shifts during the Burn?
Say why it’s so great to be a Ranger or Greeter or cook in the Volunteer Kitchen or do MOOP Sweeps!
Did you create some amazing art? Put on a fantastic event? Bring together a really cool theme camp?
How did you do it? Your words could help others do something similar, with their own flavour of course!
Do you have any special stories from Nest relating to Burner Principles or your own personal values?
Share them, and inspire other Nestlings to Burn like you.
How Does it Work?
So you want to write an article! Fantastic! We’re glad to have you on board.
- Choose a topic to write about
- Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll have a chat to see if it’s the right fit
- We agree on a timeline for writing and editing your piece. (You will be supported by the Comms team throughout!)
- Write your article according to the guidelines below. (Hint: the final product should look something like this piece!)
- We publish your piece here, in the News section of the website, and possibly post a blurb and link on social media and in the Carrier Pigeon Newsletter
- The article should be ~300 to ~800 words long
- Break it up into sections with headers
- Use 1 or more photos. Use your own, take from the community photo drive (no people without explicit consent), get something from the internet, generate with AI or make specific requests so someone else can find the right thing
- You can choose to sign with your name and photo — or remain anonymous!
- Be respectful, stay positive. Represent Burning Nest well
- Be mindful that first time Burners and Nestlings are among the audience. Speak to them, and avoid too much jargon
- All articles will be reviewed and edited before posting
Potential Article Topics
Here is a list of some potential topics we’d love to see articles about. If you see one you’d like to pick up, please send a message to email@example.com to see if it’s the right fit.
- Profile on kitchen
- Profile on community team
- Fluff the fluff out of build
- Profile on Temple
- Making an Art Piece
- Applying for an Art Grant
- Hosting a workshop
- Starting a Theme Camp
- Joining a Theme Camp
- Hosting an event
- DJing at a TC
- Doing Welfare shifts
- Doing Gate shifts
- Doing LBT shifts
- Profile on Consent Team
- What is Strike like?
Do you want to write about something else that isn’t on this list? Let’s hear about it! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you!